Workshop given by Tommy Llorens. Madrilenian, Lawyer, Criminologist, Playwright, Musician and Filmmaker. Audiovisually he has made more than 20 short films, 1 medium-length film, 3 plays and 1 feature film, with several awards and selections: “Changó” 2009, “Maiakovski” 2010, “Maricón Canela” 2010, “Por un piano” 2010, “Brutal Reality” 2011, “Always Marylin” 2012, “Telepatía” 2012, “Colores” 2015, “Cancelada” 2018, “Ecos” 2020. Currently in pre-production of the feature film “Ethernal” and in development phase of the feature film “China”.
The proposed workshop consists of a program aimed at promoting audiovisual culture and transmedia languages from a perspective focused on mobile terminals as a tool for recording but also for receiving content. It aims to promote a conscious, critical and creative use of new technologies, making available to participants, tools, methodologies and concepts related to the production and distribution of content, as well as the need for teamwork to end up delivering one or more pieces that will be screened at the final gala of our festival. Requirements: Willingness to create, knowledge of mobile and basic editing systems.
Block 1. Days 15 and 16 (To create)
- Day 15. After the presentation, we will see the basic theory of cinematography, as well as some examples of short films, focusing on express cinema or cinema with mobiles contests, then we will deal with the most important thing: “A good story” and how to get a good script.
- Day 16. The first thing will be to listen to the proposals of the participants and we will analyze the conditions and requirements of the same. We will choose several and together we will contribute to them. Meanwhile we will continue watching examples of short films that will open our creative mind.
Block 2. Days 17 and 18 (Let’s shoot)
- Day 17. With the homework done on our scripts, we will see in broad strokes the fundamental rules of cinema, which we should not skip unless we want to and with intentions: Axis, racord, frame… We will also see how to take care of the production and shooting of our short films, emphasizing the importance of script, interpretation, image, sound, music, wardrobe… We will form the shooting teams, in which everyone will help everyone.
- Day 18. Shooting and editing practices.
Block 3. Days 19 and 20 (Editing, viewing and final correction).
- Viewing of the shot short films, we will see editing programs and we will work on them, as well as on royalty free music or not, sound bases, effects, credits…..
- Viewing of examples and bibliography contribution to read and continue learning, editing programs, sound libraries, music, foley…
We will have to have finished at least a couple of short films worthy to present on the 20th at the closing gala of the Film Festival.
From August 15 to 19 we will work from 17:00 to 21:00.
On August 20th we will work in the morning from 10:00 am.